Nurses in the nursing homes sear by this remedy and have nicknamed it “The Bomb” because of its explosive effect. “The Bomb” is not completely natural because of one of its ingredients is Milk of Magnesia. However, it is a constipation remedy you can make at home that has been proven to be very effective.
Here is how to make “The Bomb”
– 1 cup of prune juice
– 1 cup of coffee
– 30 ml or 2 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia
Mix these ingredients together, warm the mixture in the microwave for 45 sec. Drink it up or within 5 minutes. It usually works in 1-3 hours.
The are some ways to help prevent constipation:
– Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses everyday.
– Eat a well balanced diet, with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, and fiber.
– Walking after meals helps the process. Walk at least 20 min each day, it’s a good exercise and helps relieve constipation.
– Get good sleep at night, at least 6-8 hours.
– Avoid greasy, fried and sugary foods.
– Stress and anxiety can cause constipation. Regular exercise, a warm bath, soft music, prayer and meditation are some of the ways to help combat stres